Do you know how to put your data to work for you?
Can you make your data even more powerful than you possibly imagined and answer challenging questions no one has been able to address before?
Have you been sitting on a wealth of actionable insight this whole time?
Where to begin separating the signal from the noise?
I weave statistical methods and computational inference by linking and combining publicly available and alternative data from different sources for the same overlapping population to build a complete picture of health.
With this approach I have answered questions surrounding determinants of health (ie: the social and economic environment, the physical environment, and the person's individual characteristics and behaviors) around complex public health issues such as ovarian cancer survivorship and antibiotic use in American nursing homes.
I specialize in:
- Analyzing data to which traditional statistical methods do not readily adapt.
- Unearthing patterns and actionable insight from messy large scale dark data.
- Epidemiological crowdsourcing (ie: leveraging the power of the online crowd to ask challenging questions surrounding the determinants of health).
I’m an expert survey methodologist including:
- Mixed-methods research
- Instrument design
- Analytical approaches
- Cognitive interviewing
- Focus groups
- Unique recruitment procedures
I can work from any structured data source as well as:
- Integrated, linked, or tagged data.
- Publicly available or alternative data.
- Unstructured data: electronic documents in any file format including books, documents, metadata, invoices, health records, emails, web pages, and web forums.
I can utilize techniques including:
- Term mining
- Feature selection
- Decision trees
- Support vector machines
I can use information extraction and retrieval methods including:
- Scraping social media
- Sentiment analysis
- Recommender systems
- Entity ranking
- User and interest modeling
- A Survey and Analysis of the American Public’s Perceptions and Knowledge About Antibiotic Resistance
- Crowdsourcing Awareness: Exploration of Ovarian Cancer Awareness through Amazon Mechanical Turk
- Evaluation of a Novel Conjunctive Exploratory Navigation Interface for Consumer Health Information: A Crowdsourced Comparative Study
- Addiction and “Generation Me”: Narcissistic and Prosocial Behaviors of Adolescents with Substance Dependency Disorder in Comparison to Normative Adolescents
I truly enjoy exploring new ways to ask about emerging topics in today's society. My commitment to knowledge discovery for social good has led me on a journey of developing a extensive workflow and toolkit to confront, analyze, and visualize large scale complex data such as pharmaceutical invoices, surveys of populations with minimal representation, and text without formal organization or structure.
I offer a free, initial consultation to determine your exact requirements and the best route forward. In order for me to provide you with an accurate quote, please have available all relevant material and details about the help you need.